Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cute things of Roran

So I had to go back to hell on Monday (that would be work in laymen's terms). It really sucks. Not only am I not that much of a fan of what I'm doing right now, it is keeping me away from Roran and Jessica. I'm worried about how much I'm going to miss of him growing and changing. Not that we can do anything about it. In a perfect world I would be able to take time off w/o having to worry about how we were going to pay our mortgage, bills and buy food for everyone, but as we are all aware of (I'm sure), we don't live in a perfect world.

Anyway, on to what I had intended to write about: Roran. Today he did the cutest thing. I finally got home and was able to hold him in between feedings. He was out like a light, which is no small feat considering that he was no where near calm when Jessica gave him to me. But Jessica needed to be able to relax a bit and I needed to hold him.

On to the point. While I was holding him, he did the cutest yawn, stretch, eye rub, stretch, yawn back to sleep you could ever have seen. I wish I had my camera so that I could post it here. But I'm sure that there will other times that I can capture.

On another happy note, my aunt Fern, Roran's great aunt, will be coming to visit for a few days the end of August. We are using the guise of her babysitting while Jessica and I have a long awaited date night (we'll be seeing Diana Krall at the Chateaus St. Michelle). It will be her first time actually seeing him in person and one of our first outings with just each other. It should be a great night all around.

Now if we could just figure out how to get more milk stored up so I can help feed him and we can have our 'alone' time, we would be good. =)

And if we could get the cats to get more used to him...

Until next time, have a good night!

No comments: