Saturday, November 27, 2010

Halloween and Thanksgiving!



I am going to sum up the last two holidays in one post.

October: Chris and I attended a Masquerade ball at the Columbia Tower Club dressed at a Wench and a Pirate. TONS of fun. I really like the whole pirate theme. With that being said, we decided to have Roran be a pirate too. He made quite a cute one! We decide to spend out Halloween evening roaming the street at the Mill Creek Towncenter. That was insane. We kept Roran in the stroller the whole time in fear of him getting trampled!

November: November came and went very quickly! Somehow, I volunteered myself to host Thanksgiving. Because of that, I convinced Chris that we needed a new dining room table, finally. We only had a two seater, and with Roran growing, we needed a real table anyway so this was just a good excuse!
Jump ahead a couple weeks... we got slammed with snow and ice the week of Thanksgiving. Long story short, it caused some problems with my family traveling up to our house, therefore we had to postpone our family gathering. I was really bummed to say the least, I had been preparing for over a month. On Thanksgiving day we ended up going over to a friends house, they were also alone on Thanksgiving. Instead my family came up on Saturday and we had the best meal ever! I was so proud of myself. I made a fantastic meal, all my moms recipes but even better (sorry mom!) flavor.
On Friday, we took Roran for his holiday portraits. Enjoy the photos... Christmas cards will be coming soon.
We have a busy December planned. A couple holiday parties, lots of shopping, and the most exciting part... decorating! Happy Holidays!

No comments: