Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Car accident


on 11.30.10, Roran and I were in a car accident. The good news is we are both okay. Roran came out of the deal without even a scratch, I on the other hand got pretty banged up on my whole left side, but no broken bones.
The short version of the story is I was merging from one freeway to another freeway in the carpool lane in the left lane, while the single passenger cars were stopped at the metered light entering one by one in the right hand lane. I had a clear lane ahead of me, I accelerated as the light was red and I knew I would have a clear path to get in front of the next car to enter the freeway when I mini van about 5 cars or so back decided she didnt want to be at the metered light anymore just pulled out. Well she only got about 1/4 of the way into the carpool lane before SMACK, we colided and Roran and I were shoved into the cement median, bouncing a few time and skidded to a stop about 120 ft down the road. All airbags deployed, I was stuck in the car, but managed to reach back and open Roran's door for air. He cried out at first, but once the air started to clear, he continued eating his fishy crackers :-)
Not sure yet if my car is totalled, I am hoping so because I wont feel safe driving it after this.

No comments: